You are here: Home Hundred Plus Recruiter Interview Questions
Hundred Plus Recruiter Job | Recruiter Position Interview Questions:
Any one who is interested to take an IT RECRUITER JOB or TECHNICAL RECRUITER JOB can go through the following questions, prepare themselves and answer in the interview. Meanwhile hiring manager, while hiring recruiters, can ask some of the questions mentioned below.
PERSONAL - GENERAL QUESTIONS:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me know what you know about this company?
- Why do you want to join in our company?
- Are you currently working now or searching for a job?
- What is your career path for the next 3 years?
- Why do you think that you are the right candidate for this position?
- Why I have to hire you?
- What is your strength and weakness?
- Mention few tasks where your company is dependent on you?
- Why you have changed employers very often?
- Can you work overtime, if required?
- If selected, how long you can work in our company?
- What software and hardware skills you have?
- Are you willing to work in the night shift (for an offshore recruiter in India)?
- What is your expected salary, incentives and joining date?
- Why do you want to resign your present company and join with our company? (Note: Similarly you can expect the reason for leaving with each employer?
- Do you have any offers in hand? If you have, why you are not accepting that?
- Can we call your references?
RECRUITMENT – GENERAL QUESTIONS:
- What are the different roles that you can do in Recruitment?
- Why did you choose recruiter as a career?
- How do you rate yourself in a scale of 1 to 10 10 being the highest as a recruiter?
- What are your responsibilities with your current employer?
- What is the turnover of your present employer?
- With your current employer, how many consultants are working in USA in your payroll (w2) and on corp to corp?
- What other activities you have done apart from recruiter role?
- What is the difference between proactive and reactive hiring?
- What are the Talent Management Tools that you have worked with?
- Have you ever submitted a resume to a client portal (example: Wipro portal, Deloitte portal)?
- Do you have a separate candidate database for each skill set? With how many vendors you have strong relationship?
- Have you worked as a single point of contact for your client or tier1 client to get requirements?
- Have you worked on NON-IT requirements?
- Mention the differences between end client (direct client), Tier1 client, system integrator and Vendor?
- What are the different skill sets for which you sourced resumes?
- With which requirement you are more comfortable as a recruiter?
- How do you analyze a requirement?
- What will be your next step if you don’t understand the requirement?
- Can you explain the end to end recruitment cycle?
- How do you source resumes?
- How do you source resumes for full time hiring and corp-corp hiring in US?
- How can you source resumes if you get a requirement out of US?
- Have you ever used social networks for recruitment and have you done any closures?
- Have you ever used Google Group and Yahoo Groups?
- Can you explain about proactive hiring and reactive hiring?
- What is active resume and passive resume? How you will source passive resumes?
- How do you screen resumes?
- How will you negotiate the rate?
- Your manager has said that the sourcing rate for a requirement on corp to corp is 100$ per hour all inclusive.
- a.If you get 1099 or w2 candidate with no benefits, what rate you can pay to those candidates?
- b.If you get w2 candidate with benefits, what will be the approximate salary you can afford to the candidate?
- How many closures can you do in a month?
- How will you handle a back out situation?
- How can you be sure that the resume you sourced is not a fake resume?
- How do you conclude that you are submitting the right candidate?
- What is security clearance? What are the types of clearances? Why this security clearance is necessary?
- What is the turnaround time to submit a resume for a full time and corp-corp requirement?
- Mention few requirements, where you were not able to source resumes? Explain why?
- What are the challenges you have faced in recruitment and how did you overcome them?
- In which states or cities cost of living is more in USA?
- What are the different time zones in USA?
- Can you explain about rate + expenses, relocation expenses?
- What are the benefits (important ones) offered by a typical employer?
SOFTWARE/TOOL - RELATED QUESTIONS:
- What is an operating system?
- Mention the different flavors present in UNIX?
- What is a front end and back end?
- What is Front End? Mention the name of the Front End tools and relevant skills that you have worked with.
- What are the different tools used for connecting front end and back end?
- What is OLTP and OLAP? What is the difference between them?
- What is Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse?
- Mention few examples for open source tools?
- Have you worked on Hadoop requirement? Can you explain?
- What is a database? Mention the name of the databases and relevant skills that you have worked with.
- What is an ERP? Mention the name of the ERPs and relevant skills that you have worked with.
- What is an ETL? Mention the name of the ETL tools and relevant skills that you have worked with.
- What is Content Management? Mention the name of the content management tools and relevant skills that you have worked with.
- What is Configuration Management? Mention the name of the configuration management tools and relevant skills that you have worked with.
- What is the difference between manual testing, automated testing and mobile apps testing?
- What are the different automated testing tools?
- What are the different technologies associated with front end java and back end java?
- What is java EE and what are the different skills associated with java EE?
- Mention few tools for creating Websites? What is User Interface (UI)?
- How you will search for a project manager by using a single word?
- What is the latest version of the software (You can expect this question on all software)?
- Mention certification program details for a software (You can expect this question on all software)?
- What is full life cycle implementation?
- What is the difference between full life cycle, upgrade, maintenance and support?
- What are the different steps in a software development life cycle (SDLC)?
- Which requirements are very hot in the market?
ROLE/TITLE BASED QUESTIONS:
- Mention the differences between a developer, senior developer, and lead?
- Mention the differences between a project manager and program manager?
- What is the role of a Technical Consultant?
- What is the role of a Functional Consultant?
- What is the role of a Techno Functional Consultant?
- What is the difference between a Tester and QA?
- What is the difference between a System Analyst and Business Analyst?
- What is the difference between a Data Architect, Data Analyst and Database Analyst?
VISA BASED QUESTIONS:
- What are the different visas available? Can you explain them?
- What is H1b? Have you worked on NEW H1 hiring? What is the process to get New H1b?
- What is H1B transfer? Have you worked on H1B transfer? What is the process to do H1b Transfer?
- What is L1?
- What is the expansion of OPT and CPT? What is the difference between OPT and CPT?
- Have you worked on hiring an OPT or CPT candidate for your requirement?
- What is TN1 visa and E3 Visa?
- What is the difference between H1 and H4 and H1 and L1?
- What is the dependent visa for H1 and L1?
- Have you talked to a H1B consultant on a percentage basis?
- What is a Green Card?
- What is the process to get Green Card?
- What is EAD?
- What are the different types of EADs?
TAX TERMS BASED QUESTIONS:
- What are the different tax terms in USA?
- What is the difference between w2 and 1099?
- What is the difference between w2 and corp to corp (c2c)?
- What is the difference between crop to corp (c2c) and 1099?
- Will you hire a w2 candidate or corp-corp candidate or 1099 candidate? Explain?
DOCUMENTS BASED QUESTIONS:
- What are the different documents you send to your vendors on or before interviewing process with the client?
- What is a Non-Compete Agreement (NCA)?
- What is Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)?
- What is Right to Represent (RTR) documents?
- What is MSA?
- What is Statement of Work (SOW OR PO)?
- What is I94?
- What is visa stamping?
- What is I797
- What is i-9?
- What is w-9?
Technical Recruiter Position Interview Questions
Most Searched Topics:
- USA Tax Terms
- How an employer pays on w2/1099/c2c?
- Comparison of US Visas/Tax Terms
- W2 Candidates in US
- End-To-End Recruitment Process
- IT Technical Recruitment Training Course
- Details to get from a Job Seeker
- IT Software List for Recruiters
- Talent Management Software List
- Role of a Recruiter
- Role of a Recruitment Manager
- Steps to join in a Google Group
- Steps to join in a Yahoo Group
- How Clients Source Resume?
- US Pay Stubs Sample Explanation
- Top free job posting and resume search
- Different Visas
- USA work timing and IST
- Role of a Bench Sales Manager
- Challenges in Recruiting
- Home Based Recruitment
- Recruitment Forms – Information about Background Check, SSN, Drug Testing, Fingerprinting
- Recruitment Forms – EIN, I-9, W-9, Drug Testing, BGC, Liability Insurance FAQ
- H1B Checklist for applying new H1B, H1B transfer, h1b Amendments, h1b Extensions
- Documents sent by Employer to USCIS for Regular or Premier Processing