How to create a page in LinkedIn for sourcing resumes and requirements:
LinkedIn (www.LinkedIn.com) social networking tool is very important for any recruiter or business development manager. I have used LinkedIn extensively and from my experience, I have sourced resumes and closed several candidates for contract as well as full time positions since I have used LinkedIn extensively when compared with other social media networks. I got several responses from the candidates for full time positions when compared to contract positions and most of them were talented candidates. Even though my company's focus was staffing and consulting in USA region, then and there we used to get requirements from our clients globally. I was able to fulfill the positions in Brazil, Singapore, and UK also. Moreover we got an IT project also after several follow up with the client. I will explain to you about the best practices in LinkedIn. The information below was taken on 25th August 2014.
LinkedIn Home Page Overview:
Log in to www.Linkedin.com. Important action items you find:
Home, Profile, Connections, Jobs, Interests:
Profile: Edit Profile, Who viewed your profile
Connections: Keep in touch, Add connections, Find alumni
Companies, Groups, Pulse, Education
search of people, jobs, companies and more (Advanced search box is also provided)
Messages, Notifications, Add Connections, Upgrade options:
On the bottom of the page, you can see help center, about, press, blog, careers, advertising, talent solutions, small business, mobile, developers, language, upgrade your account.
To get more information about creating a page, please visit
To create a page for recruiting:
- Click Menu Interests/Companies: On the right, you can see "Click Company Page".
- To create a company page, you should provide company name, official email id of the company.
- A new page appears. Fill details mentioned below in that page and publish.
- Fill details like company description, default language, administrator to maintain this page, direct sponsored content posters, image, standard logo, square logo, company specialties, and featured groups etc. (In the description section, write about your company’s recruiting business so that it can attract the candidates).
- Fill details like company type, company size, company website URL, main company industry, company operating status, year founded, company location.
- Publish it.
Create List and Important Lists in Twitter How to Search in LinkedIn?